AOL mail Support 24×7
America Online or now more popularly known as AOL provides a global platform for services, products and also for digital distribution of content. AOL has been in the market for over 33 years and was earlier branded as an organization for allocating dial-up services. But with the intensive passage of time, dial-up services declined as so did AOL services. In order to remain in the market, various steps were taken by this business giant, which eventually can be rated as a positive sign for them.
In recent activities, Verizon communications got the acquisition of AOL as a whole in the deal valued at $4.4 billion.
AOL mail is another such attempt of AOL to provide web-based email services to its customers. This service adds its name in an already existing list of email service providers, who have been in the neck to neck competition with each other for past so many decades. Recently, AOL mail launched another significant attribute for better establishment. AIM or AOL Instant Messenger was launched in 2012 which provided a refreshing glance to AOL email login services.
AOL mail gave some diverse attributes to its services in order to separate itself from the on-going rat race among email service providers. Some basic, as well as new features incorporated in AOL mail, are:
- Unlimited Email storage capacity
- 25 MB Email attachment limit
- 90 days window for account expiry in case of inactivity
- POP3, SMTP, IMAP protocols were supported by AOL mail
- Another Email account by other service providers (like Gmail) can be linked with AOL when signed in to AOL
- Ads will be displayed while working with the account. Also, embedded links can be activated or deactivated by the user
- Enhanced protection from spam
- Improved virus protection
- Well versed spelling checker
- AIM panel to show the detailed description of all the online friends and also links to various sponsored websites
- The capability of email un-send (for emails sent to different AOL or AIM mail services)
- SSL/HTTPS support after login
With some new and exciting features, AOL mail gave a refreshed look to the email users which proved as a factor of attraction towards AOL services. Such enhancements also proved as an alarm bell to other service providers, because if some up gradation was not considered by them, then their customers would switch between email service providers.
The present condition of AOL and AOL Mail services is almost nil in the market. The reason is the suppression from many of the newly founded organizations, which have proved deadly for AOL as a whole. Even though the downfall of AOL can be designated from the year 2001, from the time it became a merger with Times Warner. This attempt of becoming a merger failed horribly which thereby became one giant leap towards a great fall. After that AOL and AOL, mail services have seen hefty ups and downs which are one big and prime reason of concern for this organization. So, if we rate the present scenario of AOL mail as an email service provider, then maybe many of us would prefer others over it because they are more familiar.